Friday 1 March 2013

Midnight Launch!

The time has come! Art With A Porpoise is finally here! I've been fighting the urge to launch this early, because I'm actually incredibly excited about this. I'll be the first to say that I have a long ways to go before I feel my art is anything really special, but I'm working on it. I do love working on art, and I can only get better. I'm also always open to suggestion, so if anyone has any suggestions for things I should add to my shop, or constructive criticism, let me hear it!

 What's in a name? Well, I sell art and photography...so that bit's self explanatory. Porpoise? A play on words...So, "Art with a Purpose". Purpose, porpoise - Get it? Ha? My porpoise is to raise money for myself of course, as well as donations and awareness for various charities, and the issues that surround them. I started this website because I felt I needed more structure for the online presence I'm trying to create. The reason I'm doing -that- is obviously to bring in a little more money. I'm currently trying to save every penny so my fiance can afford a honeymoon this October, and after that, so save for a home and a child. Without tooting my own horn too much, I like to be generous. This brings my charities into play. As I've got written in a few places, I'm donating 10% of my total sales to one of my charities at the end of each month. Each of my charities means something special to me, and this way I'm able to give at least a little to them.

 This big change includes new pages and locations for many of my external lurking areas, or simply updating the names. There is one that's a small thorn in my side though. RedBubble (I love it to bits, really) won't let me change my username, hence the name of the shop. I'd rather not create a new shop there either, as I already have sales, and plenty of product up. I've changed the avatar, but it shall forever been known as BahariHaunt on their server. I will however, still refer to it as my Art With A Porpoise (AWAP) RedBubble shop.

 I think that about wraps it up here, thanks for reading, and tagging along on my little journey!

 All my love,
 ~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment