Saturday 9 February 2013

It's hard to say goodbye...

I'm not really sure how to start this post off, but this is more something for myself, something I feel I need to work through. I find that writing things out generally the best way to deal with most things. I find myself missing a certain group of people, even though I haven't been in that group for a few years now. I'm going to throw out a little background information, in case anyone reads this, and wonders what I'm talking about. In the World of Warcraft, people can form groups or clubs, called Guilds. The guild I was in was called the Zandalari. We roleplayed our trolls together, and played the game content together. It was heaps of fun, and I began to consider this group honest-to-goodness family. I'd do anything for these guys. I loved them all. I recall plenty of nights when I'd stay up until one in the morning playing and chatting with some of them. I ended up dating one of them. It was a blast, even if it didn't work out in the end. We held a good friendship for a while after until we finally drifted apart, after the guild itself had finally fallen apart. I wish we hadn't parted ways though, and I'm going to try and track this guy down. I miss that friendship. I also fell in love with another member of the guild, despite fighting that tooth and nail. This actually took place before dating the previously mentioned guild-mate. To be honest, finally giving in and admitting those feelings was a great thing to happen. It made me realize that I was rather unhappy in a relationship that I was currently in. I had no desire to pursue the new love, but it put things into perspective for me. Now thanks to that, I'm living a much happier life, and getting married soon! Byron, if by some strange coincidence you read this, thank you so very much. I'll never forget you (thanks to the tattoo you designed for me. ;) ). Thank you to everyone, in the Zandalari, really. Thank you for giving me a sense of belonging, for giving me a sense of worth. I had some of the best times with you guys, and it is one of my deepest regrets that I lost contact with everyone. I have next to no way of reaching out to anyone now, but to post this to our old forum. jenicsaco@gmail.com, @Jenicsaco, facebook.com/jenicsaco <- Find me! I miss you! I keep thinking about this group so often, and every time that I do, I feel like there's a huge part of me missing. I've spent the last few weeks randomly feeling hollow and helpless. It's ridiculous, and I know that I just need to move on somehow. So, this must be my final goodbye. I keep checking the forum, to see if anyone has posted in the chat-box. Once in a blue moon, a new one pops up, but it's rare. I can't keep doing this....So Zandalari, this is it. I love and adore you guys, but I need to move forward. If anyone wants to catch up, I welcome you back into my life, whole heartedly. But I can't keep looking back, because it's simply too hard. I have a lot to look forward to, and right now, forward is the only direction in which I can allow my self to look towards. Goodbye, Zandalari. Love you always, Mun'tasi.

2 comments:

  1. Moving on....I know exactly what you mean.

    It was a real blast, back in the good old days. And for all that it's worth now;

    I miss you too.

    Xaj

    ReplyDelete