Wednesday 26 December 2012

Looking Back, Looking Forward

Que the obligatory "reflection" post. This will likely be short, don't worry.

2012 was a fairly eventful year for me, when I really think out it.  I did suffer a few losses and heartache (the major one for me being the family dog, Tira). It's still weird to go to my parents' house, and not hear her excited barks and hear her nails clattering on the floor by the door as I walk up the steps. I can't help but get a little choked up, even now, thinking about it.

I stood by my best friend as she got married, celebrated, and share some pretty great memories with her, and my other best friends. My reign of Maid of Honor ended, and I'd like to think I did a fairly good job. I planned and Engagement Party, Bridal Shower, and a Bachelorette. They all worked out well, and I'm pleased as punch!

My fiance and I moved into an apartment that's has some ups and downs, together just the two of us, for the first time. We also welcomed a new member into our family shortly after, Monster, Scott's dad's kitty. He adapted to indoor life better than we could have hoped for, and has been amazing. I can't imagine coming home and not seeing him there to greet me now.

After five years, I finally moved to a new department, and thus far am loving it. I'm learning new skills, meeting plenty of new people. I couldn't be more excited for this change. 

As time winds down, more wedding planning for my own wedding was needed, and we managed to book a nice venue, and I went for my first round of wedding dress shopping.

We met with a financial planner recently as well, and with his help next year, will get our crazy financial situation under control. 

2013 of course, will be jam packed with more wedding work and planning. Soon begins the traditional wedding diets, so that we can look fabulous on our big day. We're getting married in under ten months now!

I hope to lead a more structured life as well, planning and keeping myself and fiance well organized.

Bahari Haunt will be seeing the release of monthly art collections. Cute, simple prints and merchandise. I will also be stepping up on my commissions. 

I also aim to see friends more often, maybe hosting some movie and/or game nights in my home. Once per month would be lovely. I love my friends, and I really don't think we see each other enough.On a similar note, I need to spend more quality time with my husband-to-be, as while I see him most evenings, and usually  full day a week, it just doesn't seem like enough. I think a monthly date night may be in order.

I'm pretty sure I say this every year, but I am seriously determined to make 2013 the best year yet. Bettering myself, my relationships, and I hope to maybe even get my foot in the door for a more career oriented position. I've got plenty of goals and dreams, and part-time won't get me there.

Happy New Year (and if you missed it, Merry Christmas!), my friends!
~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment