Wednesday 12 September 2012

[Gaming] Internal Struggle

I find myself battling with my inner adult quite frequently in terms of gaming.

I love to play games, and I often set goals for me to reach within those games. For example, in Warcraft, I'd like to have one maxed level character of each race and class. That hasn't worked out well so far, because like so many projects, I like to start things over, before completion. I can spend a lot of time in games, and lose track of more important things I should be doing.

I start to think about everything that I should be doing as a, you know, responsible adult. That's when the battle begins, and I start thinking about all the time I've wasted on a game, doing something that will end up not mattering in the long run. I should have done something productive. For me right now, that's working on my art and shops, and app ideas, in order to generate some much needed money for my wedding/honeymoon next year.

So the war wages on, and I stop playing, or play very little in an attempt to make up for lost time in productivity. Then I cancel my subscription...It's when I cancel, that I want to play more than ever. And so I do, and jump back in full throttle. Rinse and repeat.

Does anyone else have similar struggles? How do you cope/keep yourself organized? I've thought about heading into the parental controls and giving myself some restrictions. However, I know that if I had a day off, I'd likely want to give myself more time to play, and end up removing/changing everything.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, being a grown-up is hard! But, I have dreams to chase, so I need to try and keep myself motivated to stay on track.

~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment