Thursday 13 September 2012

[Wedding & Health] It's Happening!

So last weekend I went to check out Eaglequest: Coyote Creek with my bridesmaids and family. I was amazed, I didn't expect everyone to show, but sure enough, there they were! It was a good thing, too. THey all had lots of questions I hadn't considered!
I'm glad I went, as the room we had originally planned for...was underwhelming. It was more or less a basement with ugly walls and carpet, and an awkward layout. We could have made it really nice...but my new events lady, Cathy, showed us the other rooms as well, just in case we were curious. Thank goodness! The next cheapest room was only $90 more, and it was worlds apart from the other room. So much room, nice open layout, plenty of windows, a patio, and the room looked really pretty, even sans decorations.

This is...half the room? Sorry Mom, Dad. You were in the way. <3




Basically, we'd be getting something much nicer, that needs much less work, for only a little bit more money. Hands down, we have a winner! I'll actually be going in, in a couple of weeks to put a deposit down.

It was a good day overall, though very, very long. (There was also a dentist appointment and grocery shopping afterwards)I'm grateful to have so many fantastic people in my life to help me with this.

This was the view on the way home that day. Surely a sign of
 good things to come, yes?




I'm now in the process of figuring out ways that I can maybe reduce the cost. My fabulous bridesmaid is handling alcohol, so that's pretty huge, and a lot less stress on me. I wanted to have a slideshow, and the projector/screen cost isn't very high, but we're already struggling with this budget, so I think I have to nix that. I'll see if maybe I can do some haggling. Is that something that can happen with wedding venues? I don't even know.

Next, I'll be dress shopping and playing with the Guest List some more, I suppose.
I'm currently awaiting my next day off to jump full force into art, and trying to raise as much money as I can to help with this, and get me and my dude off on probably our only real vacation together (that's the honeymoon, folks).

I feel like I should be delegating more...but I don't know what I can ask people to do yet. I guess it all starts to become more obvious as time ticks down.

I'm not looking forward to the dress shopping, to be honest. I looked when we'd go with my friend for her dress, and did not find one dress close to my size that appealed to me. For those that don't know, at 260lbs, I most certainly qualify as a plus-sized bride.  I'm really not comfortable with anyone helping me in a change room, and I'm anticipating a whole lot of embarrassment with this whole shopping business. I should be excited, this should be the best part, but it's far from it.

I am trying to lose weight, but I have almost no support system. I have little motivation, no matter what I tell myself, and I'm finding it difficult to find tasty and healthy food. Cooking is tricky, because I'll cook food that I think is pretty darned healthy, and after I eat it, I don't feel that I accomplished what I had wanted. I'm also fairly picky...and lazy. Uuuugh, forever a fatass.

~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment