Thursday 9 August 2012

[Wedding] Fingers Crossed!

That's something I've been doing a lot lately, keeping my fingers crossed. I tend to get carried away in my hopes and dreams, get a little excited, then everything gets taken away from me. I'm expecting that to happen with this venue I've been looking at. I'm trying very hard to to get excited, but the more I talk to the events planner, the more likely it seems. Even my friends think it sounds good, which I take as a positive sign. I expect them to keep me grounded.

This place is Eaglequest Golf (Coyote Creek location). It looks beautiful. They also take care of the setup/take down of everything (which means I wouldn't have to beg people to help), and they have a complimentary bartender service (we just pay for drinks, or however we decide to do that. Cash bar or toonie bar, likely).



I was very clear to the events planner that my budget was small. I specifically told her $1400 for venue and food costs. She mentioned that the cheapest buffet was $23 per person, which I'm not sure we can afford, but it's by far the cheapest buffet option in all of the venues that I'd already looked into. She said it could be difficult, but suggested a lunch or cocktail reception.

Now, in all my e-mailings to potential vendors, I ask for costs, and look through whatever they send. Unfortunately for each, I've had to reply with "Thank you for your time. Unfortunately, this is quite a bit over my $1400 budget. I will keep you in mind though, if I am able to get some more money.". Nobody's responded to that.

However, this lovely lady at Eaglequest seems to be making every effort to find some way to accommodate me. I'm seriously impressed with this! Very friendly, and I'm getting terrified with the hope that she's giving me. I never once thought I'd ever be able to afford any sort of a 'golf course' wedding. There is hope.

She's out of town now until Monday, but I'll be giving her a call when she returns, and we'll set up a date for me to go and check out the venue. This sort of thing would normally have me very nervous. I hate talking to new people. I'm excited, comfortable, and ready to go! This should hopefully be a fun, and fruitful experience!

~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment