Monday 6 August 2012

[Wedding] Holy Matrimony, Batman!


A cute little jar of honey was given to each guest as a gift.
I love the little bee, he's so cute!

Yesterday, two pretty awesome people got married, and I was there for the whole thing. My fiance's brother, married a lovely young lady. I love these guys both, and am very happy to have them both in my (almost) family.

I regret not taking any pictures, because it was quite pretty.

Let's break this review down a little bit, here. I try to keep things simple around here.

The Venue
   Hosted at the Ramada in Abbotsford, BC. The "Grand Ballroom" I believe the room was called, was huge. I never once felt too crowded, which was perfect. I hate crowds. The decorations were simple, but lovely. The hotel itself was very nice, too. I feel the need to add that I'd made an error in my reservation, booking it for the previous month. The front desk lady was extremely kind, helpful, and most importantly, calm. Everything was sorted out with no problems.

The Food
   I'm not going to write everything that was provided, but for the most part, it was fantastic. My only complaint would have been the salmon, which was very fishy, a quality that often indicates a lack of freshness. To counter that though,  their seafood is Ocean Wise , which is fantastic.
   The desserts were pretty nice (The trifle, of my goodness, I wish I took more.). I'm also going to give credit to the bride's mom. She baked a small red velvet cake, and a few dozen cupcakes. Decorated them all, to boot. Oh, did I mention that she apparently even took a (few?) cake decorating class before going on a baking rampage? It paid off, everything was beautiful! I can't speak for the red velvet, but the white cupcakes were very nummy.

Drink Service
   Two drink tickets were provided per person, and my wine glass was filled twice in the evening. That's a lot of booze, that I didn't pay for. I'm certainly not complaining, it was great! I also ended up with two extra tickets from people who weren't drinking. I think I found my new drink, as well. Malibu rum and coke. Randomly decided to try it, yummers!

The DJ
   This guy was amazing! Best DJ I've ever seen, really (not that I've seen a ton). I thought he personally knew the bride and/or groom. He was very personable, energetic, and a whole lot of fun. He played plenty of great music that I was able to get up and dance with my fiance to. During the song "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC, he ran out on the dance floor with a (rock band) guitar and an outfit not unlike something Angus Young might wear. So unexpected! He also hosted a fun sort of musical chairs/scavenger hunt type game (which I need to remember for my own wedding), and made the garter/bouquet toss incredibly entertaining. If anyone needs a DJ in the Lower Mainland, I'll have to suggest Barry Chisholm, of Garry Robertson DJ Entertainment. 

The Attire
First off, the men looked so very sharp in their tuxedos provided by Moore's. The bride, I believe purchased her dress from David's Bridal. The bridal party was very well put together, and looked fantastic. Really, that's about all I have to say.

This is the dress style the bride wore, plus a gold sash.
The details are beautiful! 
My fiance modelling  the groommen tuxedos. Yeowza!


I think that about wraps it up. It was a fantastic event, and I had such an incredibly good time! Danced all night, and met a ton of new family members.

This morning, we got up a little early and took a dip in the hotel's swimming pool. It was wonderful, it was just the two of us. So much fun! Well, except the aftermath in my hair...I really hate chlorine.

No comments:

Post a Comment