Friday 3 August 2012

[Health] Thank you, Starbucks

So yesterday morning started off darned well. I walked into my local Starbucks, and ordered a drink, and a sandwich. They took my name for my drink. The cashier was super pleasant, and the barista was very nice as well, sharing idle banter with me about the weather while she made my drink (which, by the way, was the best Caramel Macciato I've had in a very long time). She wished me a good day as I took my items and headed out. At the front door, I heard the cashier call, "Have a great day, Jen!". That's a first! I'm normally a little weirded out by people I don't know using my name...but it was nice. I felt welcome, and at home. That, is great service.

I wish I'd gone there today, because I could use some of those good vibes...Today is not a good day. It's not bad, but I am just utterly depressed today. I had a terrible night, for reasons I don't yet feel comfortable delving into. I don't want to scare off too many readers yet. Regardless, I'm fairly sure it was around 3am when I finally got to sleep. Now I'm tired, and weighed down by the residual depression. Certain stressful things lately are also hindering, I suppose. It's one of those depressions I just can't seem to pull myself out of, either. Just better to let it be, I suppose...

Even some new yellow nail polish gifted to me by my fiance, and purple Crackle hasn't fully brought me up. Makes me smile to look at it...but it doesn't last. Let's just try and get through the day, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment