Friday 17 August 2012

[Wedding] One Step Closer

Okay, so it's update time!
I'm still in contact with the super nice lady, and she's sent me some proposals for some ideas on venue options. Now, I had said my budget was $1400 (canadian). My mom told me that I could push my my budget to $1900. The only reason I allowed this, was because I know having my wedding at an actual venue, not a hall, would take care of my biggest problem. They will handle all of the set-up/take-down. That was my biggest stress, and it's gone. That peace of mind is worth so much more than what they're charging.

At the moment, we're looking into a pasta buffet, which also comes with salad and garlic bread, and desserts. Who'd oppose that? Sounds great, and with everything else (decorations, set-up, taxes) it's just over $1800. Wow. It looks like I'm getting close to a wedding I never thought I'd be able to have!

I'm going to see the venue in September to check everything out. I'm so excited! Also really looking forward to meeting the woman who's been helping me. That's very odd of me to say...I'm generally crazy shy.

That's about it for wedding updates at the moment, I guess...short, but pretty darned exciting if you ask me!

My next big task is finding an officiant...Non-religous, and not stuffy. If anyone knows someone, let me know!

~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment