Tuesday 31 July 2012

[Gaming] What was that?!

So, I played Minecraft the other day. It wasn't my first time, but it was the first since it was officially launched, I believe. It's been a heck of a long time.

I found a nice seed to play, and spent the day gathering materials. As the sun went down, I retreated to a house in the nearby village. I did some crafting, and read my book for a while, as I waited for sun rise. Evidently, I should have kept myself up to date on the changes. I knew about Endermen, and that was enough to make me want to stop playing.

Now, I'm happy to watch someone play a scary game. I'll prance around in anticipation behind them, but I generally don't scare* until you put a controller of keyboard/mouse in my hand. However, I thought that at night, all I had to worry about were creepers, zombies, skeletons, spiders, and Endermen. Apparently, the zombies now making a loud banging sound when they touch doors. I did not know this. All I knew was something was trying to bang down my door and eat my face. Can they actually break the door? Can monsters get in now?? It turns out, there was nothing even at my house that I could see. I do recall seeing a zombie across the village at someone else's door, though. I guess that's where the racket was coming from...
Thanks, Notch, for instilling that extra bit of terror in what I thought was going to be a fun, and mostly relaxing kind of game.

Yes, boys and girls, this is what
terror looks like in the world of Jenicsaco. 



* The "water level" in Amnesia thus far has been the only exception. That was terrifying even to watch!

~Jenicsaco


No comments:

Post a Comment