Tuesday 31 July 2012

[Wedding] Surprise Generosity

So I don't know anyone that isn't terribly well off right now, financially. Or at least, doesn't complain about money. That's how it always is though, isn't it? Anyhow, with that being said, I never really expected much help from anyone save for maybe a little cooking, or helping set up. Things like that, that I really truly need help with. That isn't to say that I have a lot of money or anything, but I fully anticipated that my fiance and I would be paying every last penny for the wedding. I had accepted that, and it was fine.

However, my mum decided to surprise me. Massively. She sent me enough money to pay for my dress, and then some (Keep in mind, our budget is only $2000, but still. It was plenty). She's apparently doing well enough in her sales that she felt like she could spare some for her daughters wedding. I cried. I can't possibly thank her enough. (That being said, I'll put up a link to her website below. Check it out!)

That blew my mind, but then at my housewarming party, one of my bridesmaids really surprised me. She offered to take care of my liquor. Whatever I decide I want to do, hosted bar, self-serve, licences/research. That's been one thing I've been struggling with. Figuring out licences, and whether or not I should even serve alcohol. It's been a bit confusing for me. That she's offered to help me with this, I can't even. She's a pro drinker, so I know that she know's what she's talking about, and she knows what's what. Trust is something I very rarely dish out, and I trust her with this.

There are some aspects of my wedding that are making me pretty anxious...but some pretty amazing things have happened. I hope that the trend continues....I want this to be a great and fun event for my friends/family.



This is my mom's website, with links to all her shops. She sells a wide variety of artsy things. (My favorite is her Etsy shop, Licorice Wits. Odd, quirky, and offbeat stuff.)
www.SavageArtworks.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment