Friday 9 November 2012

[Food] Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerock Chops

So I've decided to try and do my take on some recipes from World of Warcraft.  The first was suggested to me by a friend. Dirge's Kickin' Chimaerock Chops (that's a whole lot to type!).

I am sick today, so I was feeling pretty lazy...but, this is what I came up with. 'Recipe' will be posted below.

Unfortunately, I had a difficult time finding any Chimaerock...So, I had to settle for pork chops. I seasoned them with deeprock salt ( seasoning salt ) and some spicy Mrs. Dash. I threw them in the oven for 40 minutes at 375°.

While the porkchops were cooking I threw on some basmati rice, and got working on my sauce.

In  a little saucepan I added some chopped onion and garlic with a little butter, and sauteed them until they were nice and soft, then I threw in the rest of the saucy incredients. Bear in mind, unless I'm following a recipe, I just don't measure things. I eyeball it, taste, that sort of thing. If I like something, I add more of it. Into the pot went tomato paste, Goblin Rocket Fuel ( white rum ), more spicy Mrs. Dash, Death Sauce. I let it simmer for a while before deciding it needed more...Then I added some milk to cut the acidity a little, cumin, chili powder, and red chili pepper flakes.

After that was all done, I threw the chop of a bed of rice, and added some more sauce.

Well..it tastes better than it looks. ^^; 


The verdict? It was pretty tasty, but I would have added maybe a little more milk...and diced mushrooms, if I had any. If I liked peppers, I probably would have added some of those, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment