Sunday 4 November 2012

[Gaming & Nails] Craptastic nerdy nail art!

So, I decided to paint my nails for Video Games Live . This, if you haven't heard, is video game music performed by an orchestra. Oldies, new games, it's all epic. Lots of fun, and I can't recommend it enough, if it's playing in your city!

Now, I'm awful at painting my nails, so this isn't "good" by any stretch. But, here we go.

At 10:30am I got all of my polishes and tools set up. Bobby pin and toothpicks for finer details when I realized my pain brush was going to be tricky to use.
At 5:00 pm I declared myself finished. I could have done more touch-ups...but again, 5pm. I was done..and battling a pretty nasty headache to boot. I'm pretty sure it was all the fumes...
Polishes I used were:
Sally Hansen - Hard as Nails - Xtreme wear -" Black Out", Cherry Red
Claire's scented polish - Orange, Lime, Fruit Punch, Strawberry
Fascino #59, #40
GOSH - Black Passion
butter London - Cheeky chops
Crafter's Acrylic - Flesh chair (yes, acrylic paint)

So, here are the final results.
Blue portal, Mushroom, Tetris, Space Invader, Alliance (World of Warcraft)

Horde (World of Warcraft), Pac-man, Pokeball, Triforce, Orange portal
I'm pretty sure this will be my last big nail venture...This was just too much work, for such a crappy result. Oh well, live and learn! Now to keep them from chipping...not easy, in my line of work.


No comments:

Post a Comment