Friday 9 November 2012

[Health] Incoming Cold!

So, I'd like to thank my friend for getting me sick. :P I found out after I woke up this morning, feeling a little more phlegmy than usual, that she's got a cold. At least I know where it came from. Besties gotta share everything, right?

I had a lot that I wanted to get done today...it's been a really productive 3-day weekend, and I don't like the idea of slowing down. I also don't like the idea of getting full-blown sick. So..I need to start up my prevention methods. I also have company coming for fun times tomorrow, so I need to at least make sure the house is kinda tidy. And I have work, so I want to be as close to healthy as I can be.

Anyways, prevention involves drinking a whole lot of tea...like, chain drinking. Starting off with a raspberry pomegranate matcha. I'm pretty excited about that. Even if the work I planned to do today isn't strenuous in the least, I've gotta put it on the back-burner. I think it's important to let your mind rest when getting sick, too.

With no work, I'd be pretty darned bored...I'll probably watch a movie or two, and a lot of World of Warcraft. Get all bundled up in my robe and fluffy orca slippers.

Now, this is the worst bit...I kid you not, I hate naps. I feel like I could be doing so much more with my day. Could be having more fun, getting more work done. Whatever. Naps are awful. But, sleep is SO important when you're sick. I spent nearly an entire day sleeping once when I was sick, and was almost 100% the next day. It was beautiful.

I'm also going to take a multivitamin to help my body out a little. It's not much, but that's my battle plan. When I'm able to do this for a day or two, I'm generally sick no more than two or three days. I think it's gotta be fairly effective then, yes?

What do you do when you start getting sick? Double up on vitamins? Trudge through the malaise? Take lots of medicine? Or maybe you have a ritual that you go through as well?

Stay healthy, my friends!
~Jenicsaco

No comments:

Post a Comment