Sunday 11 November 2012

[Health] Sick Kit!

So, we have first aid kits for medical emergencies, and all sorts of things like that. Make-up bags for well, make-up. A thought occurred to me that we don't have Sick-Kits! I'd love to make and sell these, but from a legal standpoint, I don't think it's a feasible idea. So, let me tell you about my awesome idea.

It sucks being sick. Even more so when we have to leave the house to work or whatever. You should at least be prepared and when you're sick, you're probably not thinking too clearly to begin with. Have a specal bag set up for just such a case!


You will need:

  • A make-up bag, or other little bag with a closing mechanism (fancy word for zipper) to hold all of your goodies.
  •  A bottle of hand-sanitizer (I find this is often more for everyone around me's peace of mind rather than mine. Remember not to over-use it! Antibiotic resistance is a very bad thing.)
  • A travel-pack of facial tissue. (You don't want to be that person on the bus sniffling the whole trip.)
  • A zip-lock baggie for somewhere to tuck away your used tissues. (It's better than having a bunch loose snotty tissues floating around in your bag!)
  • A plastic barf bag -just in case- (Make sure there are no holes! I'd say, double-bag it to be safe. You shouldn't leave the house if you're throwing up, really. But, sometimes it can just sneak up on you. Better safe than sorry and apologizing to whoever you just threw up all over. )
  • Medicine! (I won't tell you what medicine to pack because everyone has their preferences. I like Daytime Advil Cold & Sinus, but that's just me.)
  • Pain killers (Great if you're prone to head and body aches when you're sick)
  • Tums (Keep that tummy settled! They make nice little travel-sized bottles now)
  • Gum/Breath Mints (People's breath tends to worsen when sick. Also, if you've been throwing up, a little fresher breath is a God-send).
  • Cough candies (Nothing like a cough that just won't go away)
  • Taxi money (if you find yourself needing to get to a doctor's office quicker than a bus will get you)
  • Chapstick - I know my lips tend to dry out a fair bit when I'm sick. This is just a lil something to make me feel better. 

And there's my suggestion for a quick and easy Sick-Kit.  I really love this idea, and if you do too, please spread the word! I haven't heard of anyone else doing this before, so I'm pretty excited. :)

Stay healthy, my lovlies!
-Jenicsaco


No comments:

Post a Comment